How to change for single 721 tokens minted using a claim page

Hi! First question here - I searched and didn’t find anything so I hope this hasn’t been answered already.

I am trying to figure out how to change the metadata on individual 721 tokens minted using a claim page. Since they are all linked to the same token in manifold studio, there does not seem to be a way to change it for a single token using the back end administrator controls, but since they are 721 tokens and have unique token ids, it should be possible.

I tried accessing the tokens through the proxy write contract on etherscan, and there is a bit of code to override URI, but whenever I try to use this code to change a token, I get a ridiculous gas estimate, like $5,000, so I haven’t been able to test it.

I did set my wallet ID as the administrator, not sure if that is required or not, but didn’t seem to do anything.

I know that I can individually mint batches of tokens and adjust the metadata on those tokens, but that sort of defeats the purpose of what I would like to do. I am trying to avoid having to start from scratch and write my own smart contract and minting dApp outside of manifold studio, since I don’t really have the time to learn how to do that.

I read through the FAQ, and it seemed that it is possible that I need to install the override URI extension? Is this correct? It seems to be on the contract already looking at etherscan, so I’m not sure if this is needed. If it is needed, there does not seem to be any walkthrough on how to do it. I understand that contract extensions are an advanced feature, but I do have coding experience in many languages (just not solidity) so I can’t imagine it would be that difficult to set up.

Can someone help me understand what I’m doing wrong? There are lots of things I would like to ultimately do including triggering metadata changes through token gated UIs, but the most basic thing I want to do is to have a claim page for users to mint blank tokens and then I would change the metadata and image on those tokens later on. Along this line, I would also be interested in hosting the json files off chain, but I don’t see a way to do that without engaging a dev or learning solidity myself.

Gm! It sounds like you’re looking to do something close to a collectibles drop which isn’t possible with Manifold at this time. What is your time line looking like? To build your own extension you’ll need to do a bit of development work.

I am fine doing the development work myself if I need to, and for the long term I assume I will have to, but in the short term I don’t need to do this systematically or for a large number of tokens. I would think that just a simple manual modification of the URI through accessing the contract directly via etherscan should be possible. setTokenURI exists, but if I try to use it I get strange error messages with extremely high gas price estimations.

I am having the same issue on NFTs minted by the Claim app. When I mint the normal Manifold way I have been able to call setTokenURI with out any issues at all.
It is almost like the Claim app is freezing the metadata.

I put a question into the developer forum: Claim app question on modification of tokenURi after minting

1 Like

No we just want to call setTokenUri on the contract for the 721 and have it work like it should.

1 Like