Last updated: Feb 7, 2023
What personal information does Manifold collect and why?
Manifold is a technology company, headquartered in British Columbia, Canada. Our main business is to provide tools and infrastructure for blockchain technology.
For more information about Manifold, please see our website at manifold.xyz (“Website”).
The personal information that we may collect about you through the Services broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to begin using the Services, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Services, including the Services used and the pages of our Website accessed. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
Who does Manifold share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
For what purposes does Manifold use my personal information?
- To provide you with services that you have requested;
- To enable peer-to-peer communication;
- To respond to your requests for customer service, account maintenance, or technical support;
- To improve the quality of the Services through polls, surveys and other similar feedback gathering activities conducted by us;
- To notify you of Service updates, new products or promotional offers;
- To create, review, analyze and share anonymized aggregated information;
- To track purchases and usage information;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, our users and the public;
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities; or
- As required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
We may occasionally communicate with you regarding the Services or other offerings we believe might be of interest to you. You have the option to not receive this information. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or alternatively we will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
We will process your information for the purposes of operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary for those purposes and in our legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing activities, improving our Services or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at:
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Manifold keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, our servers are located in Canada and the United States, and our third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at:
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at:
You have the right to opt-out
of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us at:
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at:
The data controller of your personal information is Manifold Technologies Ltd.