Burn to Redeem Problem

As a follow up, I cannot update the on chain data for you as that would be a security flaw! So only your wallet can make the update to the start and end times to put it in the past.

Right now I’m working on figuring out what the UX got wrong to get you into this state and undoing it!

Update: root cause has been fount and patched so that this does not happen again, but I am still working on a specific escape hatch for your specific burn redeem so please standby!

Update! All fixed. You should be able to simply hit update on your BR inside the app on the very last Review and Publish page.

That will force an onchain update with the correct amount.

Once that’s done please report back! You burn redeem collector’s page should have the correct burn amount right after the tx finishes.

It should say 2 next to Burn Quantity where it currently says 1. Cheers!

Hey johnny, got the same problem with mine too… pls fix this asap as it’s damaging our plans for the burn to redeem things <3

Should be 3:1, but it’s now 1:1… Some people also claimed within this bug

Same thing/fix for you memesterpieces!

I’ve updated your Burn Redeem so you can just hit Update on the last page (Review and Publish) inside the studio app and your burn will be exactly as how you originally designed it after the tx completes.

Now for the redeems that have already happened… that’s unfortunately just a done deal and we really really apologize for causing that. Feels bad :frowning: Let us know if there’s anything we can do to make that up to you, we’ll do our best to help.

Next time you notice an issue definitely come here as fast as possible!

And in the future, update your start/end dates to be in the past to manually close your burn redeem if you spot something wrong. This is a good hack that I think I might put as instructions inside of the app for all users now. Just so you all know how to end your own BR in case a pickle arises.

hi both mkp and memesterpieces, can you do the update and see if it fixes your issues and let us know? Thanks.

Bumping this! Burn to Redeem Problem - #25 by johnny

Fixed. Thanks for the support. Would be great if the team can cover the additional gas fees that I incurred as a byproduct of this error.
All the best, Mike.

1 Like

Hi johnny, Im now having this issue.
My burn will be live in ~10hrs and its supposed to be 2:1 but its showing 1:1 on the burn page. While in the set up page it shows 2:1.
My claimIndex is 550521072 and contract is 0xD1AE247309a89953B06b18446a3f54dB453BA065

all good now, its fixed. I went back out of the claim page, refreshed the page, then back into the burn edit, “next” through each stage pausing on the section where burn amount 2 is and let it save, then “next” to the “update” and it updated ok

2 Likes

Love to hear this, thank you for reporting how you fixed it here. Will be useful for future users in case this pops up again.