Burn to redeem rules: contract “unknown”

i am trying to make the media to be redeemed from a new contract on base via manifold.

Hm, having trouble recreating. Were there any other steps you did to get there? Can you try adding the rule again from scratch to see if it happens again? I am also in Chrome + Metamask.

step1. i had to create a new contract on base
step2. upload media to redeem on said new contract
step3: add/edit burn rules → chose other tokens → inserted contract address and thats when it gives me error/doesnt load/or shows “unknown contract”

cannot get passed this step to do price, limited number of editions and time and all that on the last page

1 Like

Ahhh i found the issue. In the meantime, to fix, make the rule from scratch ie delete and make it again. So sorry about this! Happens if you play around with the other rule types and input some data, then move to the ANY type it looks like. We forget to clear one small field that is benign but causes the screen to show the wrong text! Patching.

1 Like

i tried redoing it all from scratch and it’s still showing me “ANY CONTRACT” ——|——| ANY SPEC and only allowing 1x burn”

so i wait until it is patched and try again later if i understood correctly

hi @johnny we just tried from scratch again and it didn’t work. we got the same error, is this normal? i assume it isn’t patched yet?

thanks in advance for the help🫂

1 Like

Ahhh I see now, sorry, I misunderstood your issue and fixed a separate bug.

The behavior you’re seeing is expected but it’s because we’re having Base issues atm :confused:

Our Base scanners are currently having some slowness, and won’t know your contract’s symbol etc for anywhere from a day to two or three days. After that period is over everyone’s contracts should have 0 slowness once again, they’re basically catching up on all the blocks from the past week and it takes a while to process them.

Huge apologies, we’re actually working with the Base team themselves to make sure this doesn’t happen to us again!

In the meantime, you can just soldier on forward. As long as you’ve put in the correct contract address and the correct number of tokens you want to allow for that burn, it will still work.

My personal suggestion would be to wait a few days and return that way you avoid any other similar display errors for collectors relating to the same issue.

Sidenote: thanks for helping me find a separate minor text bug!

1 Like

so you’re telling me the volume is so high on base that basescanner is having trouble keeping up?! THAT’s SO FKN BASED!!!

i will happily wait a few days to do it right, is there anywhere i can monitor the progress to know when the basescanners have caught up or i should just keep trying in a couple days?

also, i would like to share this with all my friends on farcaster and thank you publicly for all the quick and useful help you offered me today, do you have a handle on warpcast so i can tag you?

1 Like

i’ll be sure to post here as close to when it catches up as possible, but if you want to check at any time just:

do exactly what you’ve been doing and see if it finds the contract name correctly. once it does, you know we’ve caught up!

and hell yeah based af.

1 Like

On this issue. Is there anyway to speed up that process. From a day to two or three to like an hour to two to three?

gm johnny, everything seemed to work today when we created the burn to redeem page, contract showed properly! we just launched it, it’s live now and people are getting an error: “you are not elligible for this burn” even tho everyone who holds 2 editions of “based summer should be”! can you please look into it?
burn (2) of this: based summer
burn to redeem page: the best undefined food in town! | Manifold