Claims widgets not working

Trying to create a page with claim widgets, and all is fine until you click Buy Now, no errors shown (checked console), but scrolling freezes and nothing else happens. I’ve previously used widgets for embedding marketplace widgets and that worked okay.

Here’s a very plain version of the page with no added css (bonus question - why is it such a mess by default if just relying on the manifold css files), and just one claim widget.

https://davidoxley.art/drops/flow/index.html

Hello! Taking a look, and getting an engineer more familiar with the claim page CSS on this as well. Will get back to you asap.

1 Like

Thanks. Also noting the claim page notification emails going out are blank. For reference see x.com

I’m also kinda doing this particular drop as a trial run, I’m advance of an upcoming client drop on base. Hoping this can all be resolved so it goes smoothly for them.

hey lunarbunnies, i took a look at your embedded claim widget page. the issue is that in all of your link tags that include css, there is a media attribute. referring to the MDN docs on link tags (<link>: The External Resource Link element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN) (emphasis added by me):

You can also provide a media type or query inside a media attribute; this resource will then only be loaded if the media condition is true.

it may be that, as media="1" is not a standard media query, it evaluated to false and none of the CSS loaded (tested on firefox, chrome, and safari). i have confirmed locally that by removing the media="1" prop, the styles are applied as expected.

as an extra side note: if you wanted an additional connect widget on the page, you may need to either move the div with data-widget="m-connect" after the claim page, or apply a higher z-index to the connect widget. it is also safe to remove the div and styles (but not the js) for the connect widget altogether, as the claim page styles its own connect widget.

Ah that sorted it, and with the css working, a modal buy pop up appears. Looks like the media=“1” came from a misconfiguration in my wordpress css enqueue code. Now it works fine on this bare-bones test page, and on the intended drop page within wordpress.

Still interested in a fix for those blank claim-page emails that went out.