Collaborator whitelisting without full admin

I’m wondering if Manifold supports or plans to support allowing whitelisting of additional artists to a given contract without granting full admin privileges.

Basically, I’m wondering if I can create a contract where I can grant other artists permission to mint with their own wallets through the manifold interface, but I still remain the only admin.

Thank you.

1 Like

gm! Thanks for reaching out. We don’t have this feature but would love to hear a bit more. It sounds like you’re looking to have a group of artists mint a token to a contract but give them no other privledges? How many artists are you looking to have in this drop? Is there any other functionality you want to give them?

2 Likes

Hi lyndo, thanks for your response.

Yes - you described it correctly.

It would ideally not have a cap on the number of contributors (maybe I would be able to revoke in case of wallet compromise, etc), and the intention would be to have the ability to add more people over time on a curated basis.

I would basically just want the added wallets to be able to mint with the full capabilities of the Manifold interface, but not be able to add others themselves (maybe it could be helpful to assign other full admins however).

I can imagine this idea opening up really interesting possibilities for collective creation, and I would definitely utilize it.

1 Like

Hey! I love this idea. Gonna DM you. But curious if the only requirements are basically:

1. You can add artists who are allowed to mint
  2. Those artists cannot then also add others to mint, only you can do that
  3. You can revoke those minting rights

Is this correct?

Great idea by the way, this would definitely require a new/second smart contract (we call them extensions) but it should be very doable if those 3 specs are correct.