Editing a live Gallery auction

Hi There,

I initially posted these questions to the community some time ago, and was hoping a developer could assist.

Is it possible to edit the end time of an auction, so it can end within 24 hours after the first bid is placed?

Is it also possible to edit the listing, and change it from an auction format to a buy format?

I also visited the Gallery site and couldn’t locate the art I created. I used to see it, but it’s not visible anymore, not sure how to make it visible again.

Thank you in advance

Hi There, Just following up on my questions above, hoping someone can help answer :wink:

Thanks!

You should be able to - There will be a small gas transaction. Are you getting an error?

Hi Lyndo,

Thanks for your reply. I am issues navigating how to make an update: Editing an auction listing to buy now. This is what I would prefer to do.

When I log into the studio and click on the hamburger menu, I see an option to update token settings, but this just takes me to the royalties section.

Thank you for your help
Tina

Hi Lyndo, I hope your week is going well! I am following up on my above message. Thanks

hello tina. it is possible to modify parts of your listing as long as no one has bid on the listing/the listing has not started. if the listing has started, you will not be able to modify anything.

Is it possible to edit the end time of an auction, so it can end within 24 hours after the first bid is placed?

yes, you can, but you will need to interact with the Marketplace contract (0x3a3548e060be10c2614d0a4cb0c03cc9093fd799 on mainnet) directly. you can do so through Etherscan here: https://etherscan.io/address/0x3a3548e060be10c2614d0a4cb0c03cc9093fd799#writeProxyContract#F16 and call the function modifyListing. you will need to connect the wallet with which you listed the token and pay gas fees. fill out the details like below:

explanation:

• listingId: your listing id, that can be found in the Gallery app.
  • initialAmount: the amount of tokens available for sale (for erc-721s, you would set 1)
  • startTime: 0 means that the auction starts on first bid
  • endTime: 86400 means that the auction ends 86400 seconds after the first bid

Is it also possible to edit the listing, and change it from an auction format to a buy format?

you cannot edit the listing type using the edit function. if you want to change it from an auction type to a flat price (buy) type, you will have to cancel your listing and relist it as a flat price type listing.

I also visited the Gallery site and couldn’t locate the art I created. I used to see it, but it’s not visible anymore, not sure how to make it visible again.

you should be able to see the link to your token using the following pattern: https://gallery.manifold.xyz/{contractAddress}/{tokenId}. for example, my contract address is 0x123, and token id is 1, so the link to my token on Gallery is: https://gallery.manifold.xyz/0x123/1 . if that does not help, can you please provide what you mean by I used to see it, but it’s not visible anymore ? was this on gallery.manifold.xyz or on the Gallery app?

I’m attempting to do this now and I’m getting a fee of nearly 1E to complete the txn. Is that normal?

I have not tried to edit after reviewing the initial response because it sounds like it will be expensive. I have decided to leave my collection as is.