Evolving Image Query

Hello! First time posting a new thread, so please direct me if this is in the wrong space.

I’m looking to mint a collection of 321 pieces (@oa_321_) where the image data evolves over time with creative contributions from the holders. I’d love to use a mechanic like the one shared below from the Feline Fiendz collection where by clicking an icon in the upper right it rotates between different images tied to that NFT (in their case, 2 rotating images).

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.40.05 AM
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.40.18 AM

Is this something that can be done when minting via Manifold as a developer add-on? Looking forward to learning more about what is possible with advancing the metadata and evolving the images for the limited collection.

gm! welcome! Can you share the link to the token you’re asking about?

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

Forgive me if this is the wrong way to share, but here is Feline Fiendz contract address on Etherscan: 0x1626e31C754a00EDd6b5e91569728Ee6742152Ef

This is the Open Sea page for one token where you can see the “changing” nature of the NFT: https://opensea.io/assets/ethereum/0xacfa101ece167f1894150e090d9471aee2dd3041/7653

I’m definitely still learning re: tokens and contracts. I deployed my own contract via Manifold for this collection back in September, but I’ve been waiting to mint. Thanks for your help!

You can def do that by minting an HTML website, that’s the way they’ve done it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the response and the resource. I’ll need to look into that more closely.

My goal is to create NFTs that “evolve” as holders create poetry/music/etc. that inspires the next “evolution” of the artwork. I think it will be interesting to see how each individual piece of the collection evolves over time with different holder’s contributions.

I’m fairly new to all of this, but I will look into the doc you provided and come back with more questions if needed!

I absolutely love these forums, btw. I’m excited to just keep reading and learning from others solutions as well. Thanks for providing such a creator/artist friendly tool to share artwork on the blockchain!

Perhaps a silly question:

If I were to first mint a token using a standard file, can I later “update” that token with an HTML file using this interactive feature?

Def! you can! :slight_smile:

Amazing! Then all the more reason to just ‘get started’ with where I am and work my way into building with the html format as I learn more. Thank you so much! Now hoping to mint within the next week or two (maybe sooner!)