How to protect (freeze) metadata agains changes after minting?

I have used manifold to deploy a contract and have minted my first token. I recognized that metadata can still be edited. Is there a function to freeze metadata (like opensea does) so that metadata cannot be changed anymore? Thank you and keep up the good work.

gm! This is possible via an extension but isn’t supported within Studio atm. Can you explain the usecase a little bit more that you’re looking for? You’d want to freeze this forever after a certain period after minting?

Hello, thank you for your response. I understand that the owner of the smart contract can amend the metadata. In my opinion there should be at least an option that after minting it should not be possible to edit metadata. Once the NFT is minted, the NFT with its metadata is made for eternity.

1 Like

This is possible with an extension - We’ve had some third party developers build extensions that could help freeze metadata in the past

In fact, we’ve released an extension for this on mainnet: https://etherscan.io/address/0x5bEf5e3274e0574502F618b1d3152a06e9e45AEd#code

We definitely have on the docket to surface an easy-to-use app for this functionality in the near future so keep an eye out. Right now it’s just the extension living out in the ether.

In the meantime, if you’re feeling adventurous you can try out our extension manually on etherscan. Cheers!