Issue creating Widgets on Wix is incomplete

Hello. I’m following the above guide, have created my app using the developer portal but am unable to progress. Currently I am looking into using Velo to create the custom widget.

This is about as far as I have come. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

gm - Do you have a paid plan? Your domain will need to be connected before you can continue.

1 Like

Hey, unfortunately this is a blocker on Wix’s side. They make you upgrade to a paid plan and connect a domain in order to use their custom code features (see purple message in your screenshot)

If you are in the early stages of building your site and want to see the widgets in action – you can follow the Squarespace guide, as they give you a 30 day free trial of all the features

1 Like

Gm! Thanks, yeah I do in fact have a paid plan. The domain is connected. I’ve been using the service for a while on this particular site. The topic is not solved unfortunately. To me there seems to be a communication issue between my widget and my app on Manifold. Does this seem correct? I am definitely missing some steps but I can’t find anything in the documentation.

I should have mentioned at the start that I have a paid plan and connected domain, the same domain as I’m using with my app on the dev portal. So my issue is not solved! What steps am I missing to get the connect widget working? Thanks

-edit, I am unclear why it says “connect a domain”. I tried to click the link before to see if it would take me somewhere to add functionality that was missing but it just goes to the “upgrade to business” page, which would be the next step above my plan. I have a paid subscription with a connected domain so this really should not be the issue.

Thanks, I will follow the Squarespace guide and see if I can extract the right info there.

Hmm. That’s odd. The root issue on wix right now is that the domain isn’t connected. The widget won’t work until you’re able to do that. The paid plan should allow you to (unless they changed pricing)

Hopefully the squarespace one runs smoother – but if you still want to debug wix

could you go to https://manage.wix.com/account/sites and confirm that the site you are trying to add the Connect Widget has the purple premium tag and lists the custom domain you set (Should NOT include wixsite.com)

This is what I see:

Hey, 0xBOAS

Just filmed this walkthrough for adding the connect widget to Squarespace – should take about 3 minutes

Links from the video

1. Manifold Developer Portal – create an app in dev portal
  2. https://docs.manifold.xyz/v/manifold-for-developers/guides/squarespace/simple-squarespace-site – to get the code to “install”/inject the connect widget
  3. manifold-templates/squarespace/nft_profile_page at main · manifoldxyz/manifold-templates · GitHub – to get the code to configure the connect widget

Hope this is straightforward, and helps you get set up.

2 Likes

Yup it does indeed have a purple Premium icon. I have been using this site as my personal page for over a year on the Premium plan.

Amazing, super appreciate you taking the time to do a video! :trophy:
Cheers!

1 Like

It isn’t, the site is fully connected. I’ve been using the same site on a paid plan for over a year.