Metadata not updating

I’ll try. Sometimes it gets stuck when loading the token images and doesn’t make it to page one of the preview(tokens with images and traits). It finished updating to Arweave, I think I figured out what the problem is. Since I minted all of the tokens to my wallet, is there a way to bulk update the metadata on your batch tokens(from my contract)? I did several sets of 200 tokens, when you click into each individual token, I see there is a way you can manually add properties, even though when you say refresh, it deletes everything. How do you get it to save? Will there be an update to use a .csv file to batch update all the tokens?

Ok, so you currently have 1315 tokens in the claim DISSARAE. What exactly do you want to do right now? Do you want to:

1. Update the metadata so all tokens have something unique?
  2. Clear them out and create a new claim using post-reveal?

If 1:

• Go into Edit Claim → Tokens → Custom → Delete All
  • Then - Upload CSV
  • Then Begin Arweave Upload
  • Then Publish Changes to Blockchain (after the previous steps are done)

If 2:

• Go Into Edit Claim → Tokens → Editions
  • Upload a new blank image or placeholder so all tokens end up the same
  • Then hit Save (which will trigger a blockchain transaction)

I think 2 because they’re all minted to my wallet. I’m putting them for sale on OpenSea. I’ve been updating the metadata manually in my contract>batch> tokens> and copying pasting the claims metadata since it has the attributes filled in. I have two windows side by side because I don’t see any other way to create the metadata for each token in the contract( or bulk upload metadata with a .csv like you can in claims). So I’ll have to spend the next few days copying pasting 200(batch) metadata manually. Unless there’s a way to batch metadata upload, don’t know if that’s a feature yet. Then I’ll upload a blank .csv for the claims so I can effectively delete it.

You don’t need to, follow the steps for 2 and it should update all tokens to the same image.

It’s regarding the contract batch mint. I found out the only way the metadata uploads on OpenSea with the various attributes is to go to the batch in the contract( like batch 200, minted) then go into the edit, modify the assets, then go on to the next. It’ll finish the group of 200, I mint the changes to Optimism, I then go to OpenSea and refresh metadata, and it worked. I tested with a couple, so I’m doing the first batch of 200 I minted. I’m almost finished.

It looks like you’re referring to the claim page, which doesn’t seem to affect any of the tokens I minted to my wallet(in batches of 200), and not changing on OpenSea market.

In my collection none of the tokens are the same, each one is unique with unique attributes, that’s why I’m confused when you say each image will be the same.

I’m talking about the claim page, which is what I saw, I didn’t realize you minted batches of 200 tokens. Those ones, then yes, you’d have to update them the way you are.

To be honest, I’m kind of confused as to what you’re trying to achieve. You’ve minted batches of 200 tokens, which are created now. You can updated these individually and can sell them on another platform.

You also have created a claim page, which would result in minting new tokens, using the assets that you’ve set. I haven’t dug into it, but the assets all seem to be similar between the claim page and minted tokens. It’s unclear what the intent is here.

Claim Page = set up new tokens for sale. Tokens that will mint to the purchaser directly when they buy. Updating these tokens can be done as per my post above.

Batch Mint = mint tokens to yourself or directly to others. The sale of these tokens would be using another platform or by selling these individually. Batch mint individual token updates post mint would need to be done individually.

Yes I realized when I batch minted it was two ways of getting the tokens on mainnet for sale. I saw the video of claim page and thought that was for simply editing the tokens that were already minted(mistake on my part).

So it looks like after I finish editing the metadata for my minted batches, I should completely delete the claim page tokens? And make sure to set the settings so that it doesn’t start a sale on my manifold website, perhaps removing the custom url and uploading the claim page with a blank .csv or could I simply delete the claim altogether?

I think a good suggestion for newer users is instead of calling it “claim page”( not sure if that’s the technical term)maybe call it “collection minting” or something similar. Then have a message when hovering over the options that explains this will mint new tokens for a collection, with the user specifying the total amount. Also let the user know that if they have already batch minted on a contract, it is not necessary to make a claim page.

yes, you can cancel the claim page/set it in the past if you are updating the tokens in the batch the way you are and selling via opensea.

(the best way to ‘end’ the claim is to set the start to the past or reduce the total supply to 0.

Got it, that makes sense. So by setting the claim page to zero, purchasers would not be able to mint anything from a claim because they wouldn’t exist or be on Arweave anymore after setting the supply to 0 and saving the changes?

correct, and set the start/end time to the past.

Alright thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Do you know if you guys will add a feature to add .csv file for metadata for contract batch tokens? It would come in handy lol

Possibly/probably will happen Q1

1 Like

When I try to set claim token supply to 0, it’s says “supply must be at least 1”

Ah. Best course of action is to set start and end date in the past.

Ok no problem. I set the supply to 1 and set date to past. It says “ended” now. Thanks for your help again. I appreciate it.