MetaMask warning for Gallery private listing: “This website has been blocked from automatically opening an external application”

Hello,

I setup a private listing of an ERC-1155 edition. Initially I didn’t add a Websocket Provider, and later I did. In both cases, the collector was seeing the same message via MM mobile:

Warning
This website has been blocked from automatically opening an external application

Here are the two URLs in case it’s helpful for debugging, but I’ve since had to bypass Manifold gallery to make the sale so wont be able to debug with the collector.

Do you have any advice for future private listings to avoid this issue?

We’ll dig in, but it appears to be a general metamask issue which doesn’t seem to have a solution yet:

Thanks wilkins for the update. If possible, let me know when it’s OK to cancel the listing, if/when you don’t need it as reference.

We can repro, so you can remove it as reference. Thanks!

Thanks wilkins. Do you know whether OpenSea suffers from the same issue, or have they figured out a workaround?

I’ve seen the same thing on other web3 sites, not just manifold (i.e. Opensea as well). Looks like a device level config.