A little bit more love for GLB Nfts in the Gallery

Hi my dear manifold fam, i minted three GLB Nfts and its working nicely in the Studio (also on OS & rarible animated!) BUT it’s somehow not working on the Manifold Gallery.
Screen stays black and the file gets automatically downloaded (err!)
Also Fnd is only showing the thumb and not the 3D GLB. Any help on this?
thx in advance!

You can see the nft here:
NFTYSK8Spots - #01 Pier 7 San Francisco NFTYSK8Spots - #01 Pier 7 San Francisco

1 Like

semi-off-topic, that piece is extremely cool! would love to see an oncyber-explorable version of it. :face_with_monocle:

semi-on-topic, +1 for more GLB love (couldn’t get my pre-existing minted GLB-based NFTs to work on manifold gallery at all when it came out, and FND still only shows the thumbnail for my own Manifold-minted GLB-based NFTs ~1/3 a year after mint – I’m assuming GLBs work on FND if minted directly through FND, but I can say for certain that Manifold-minted NFTs do not seem to work there beyond a thumbnail, sadly – I have a ticket open since mid-August and they did not have an ETA on fixing that wen last I heard in early September).

can also confirm that the Manifold Gallery version tried to auto-RCS the GLB in this thread wen I opened the link (I didn’t LCS, tho – that’d be unconscionable).

1 Like

thx so much for the reply modal, appreciated!
Pretty much the same what describe.
Odd thing, Fnd directly minted is working.
See here:

Also made tickets but never get a reply from manifold.
Have a great sunday and let’s cross fingers there will be some progress here!

1 Like

interesting – good to know the directly-minted-on-FND pieces work! I was trying to find some on FND back in the day, but it was shockingly hard to find (GLB-based art is still shockingly underutilized IMO – seems like a natural fit for web3, but so many folks are still releasing 3D art as renders in stills or videos – I suppose, perhaps, that might partially due to platform rendering issues like this – tricky to sell work that shows up as a JPEG when it’s meant to be a browser-rendered 3D file you can examine).

some thoughts/notes/data-points:

• I suppose if this was an easy fix, it would have been fixed by now, so it’s likely a fundamental issue somewhere in the web3 pipeline between the platforms

• tried taking a look at one of my own recently Manifold-minted 3D GLB NFTs – viewer works fine in Manifold Studio, viewing on the Manifold Gallery shows – like yours – a black background, and tried to auto-RCS the GLB (!rude)

• I think they I saw that they said Manifold Gallery was buitl on Wix or another website buidler platform right now (as, I’m guessing, an ease-of-use demonstration for integrating Manifold tech into other website platforms) – given that, it’s possible that part of the issue is whatever platform it’s buitl on doesn’t have the 3D-viewer-for-web support buitl in (and Manifold might be trying to get them to add that, but it’s even harder to get web2 companies to do the stuf you want, so that could be a wait-for-new-gallery-platform thing for it to work)
    ^ note: pure speculation based on some of the things I’m seeing/guessing (that’s troubleshooting for you in the web3-era when you’re buidlin’ on a bunch of different platforms and trying to tape tech/pipelines together – as incredibly generous and responsive devs for web3 companies are, there’s that “air of mystery” pretty much everyone has to maintain so someone else doesn’t buidl the same thing first/hype isn’t lost/investorsdon’tgetmad/etc, I suppose)

• it looks like FND uses IPFS for storing the assets in NFTs minted there, while Manifold uses Arweave – I don’t know much about that end of things, but my guess is that could be one of roots of the issues – perhaps FND doesn’t have the ability to display non-IPFS stored assets imported from other contracts/platforms beyond the thumbnails
    ^ again, largely speculation – hopefully the Manifold team can add some clarification at some point beyond my guesswork

PS: loving your work – what’s your tweeter? I’d like to follow. (have a great Sunday too! a “GS,” if you will.)

1 Like

thx again so much for the indepth answer
check NFTYSKATEBOARDS on twitter, that’s me!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nftyskateboards

1 Like

just followed via my personal account! (@TheWearyLuddite)

1 Like

@manifold no news on this?

Thanks for reporting. Taking a look.

1 Like

awesome! appreciated and thx in advance :heart:

Should be done. Sorry for the long delay, only just saw this today. LMK if it works for you!

1 Like

GM @yungwknd !
It’s working! thx so much, that’s for sure a progress!
just a minor thing, the canvas of it seems a bit odd/small,
would be dope too have it larger in the preview

1 Like

Can make it bigger for sure!

1 Like

Ok, please let me know what you think!

1 Like

oh wow! this is beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :100:
awesome!!! thx so much @yungwknd i really really appreciate!
You even made the animation work, so cool!
hope you like the nft btw. :wink:

It’s super cool, I really like the vibes!

1 Like

really really appreciated and huge thx for the support! :pray:

1 Like

Great work! Coincidentally, I posted about this issue on the General channel on the Discord.

FYI, it doesn’t seem to work for Manifold-minted GLBs which have a thumbnail.

e.g., https://gallery.manifold.xyz/0xe6b8c45e7bcf8da2b38d18ef936c48b96da39680/12

1 Like