Manifold Studio wont prompt Metamask Desktop

When I click on wallet connect I choose Metamask under the desktop section and a qr code comes up but I cant take a picture of that on desktop…

I deleted my history. I disconnected metamask from the site completly and still cant connect. Cant even connect to manifold claim pages

What browser are you using to access Studio? What happens if you connect through metamask directly?

Its brave which ive been using for well over a year and never had this issue. Ive had to completely abandon brave for Chrome since I cant use manifold at all. I can click on metamask and go to the three dots then connected sites and manually sign in but it doesnt work. I dont get an error. It shows connected but I have no access to manifold. Brave is up to date. MM is up to date. With brave when I was trying to log into studio I would click wallet connect then metamask and a qr code would come up. When I went to chrome to log in Metamask was next to Wallet Connect and Coinbase. So the metamask option is missing for me.
Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 9.04.09 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. Do you have a Phantom Wallet on your desktop? I did and the advised me to disconnect the Phantom wallet. I disabled the Phantom wallet and it worked. That is strange since one has nothing to do with the other.

wow that was exactly the issue. Thank you very much! Wonder what causes this!

Man, so sorry to hear this. Frustrating I know.

As a general PSA: having multiple wallets installed can cause lots of issues, so I highly suggest keeping each wallet extension in its own Arc/Chrome profile. They all seem to be fighting each other over their own standards, which has the trickle down effect of making things like loggging in to Manifold Studio buggy at random times when one wallet provider pushes updates that breaks the handshake they have with another wallet provider. I’ve been burned by this so many times on every dApp that I just presume if I have two wallet extensions installed I will have issues.

Going to dive in today and see what I can do to support Phantom correctly when MM is also installed! I know we have CB + MM working nicely, and Revoke and WalletGuard shouldn’t arise any issues. Thank you all so much for the detailed reproduction steps and patience, very very helpful.

TLDR; In the meantime when ya run into issues like these and have multiple wallets installed, give it a shot using a chrome profile with just that one wallet installed and you’ll definitely have a smoother experience.

3 Likes

Have an update here! I’ve made some fixes and tested the following configurations on Manifold Studio’s landing page.

Confirmed Working Configurations

• Metamask alone
  • Metamask with WalletGuard or Revoke.cash
  • Metamask and Coinbase
  • Metamask and Coinbase with WalletGuard or Revoke.cash
  • Mobile Metamask (with WalletConnect)
  • Phantom on its own
  • Phantom with Metamask

Confirmed the following have issues:

• Phantom and Coinbase together are really buggy, Phantom seems to think Metamask is installed when it isn’t.
  • 3+ wallets installed at once creates all sorts of weird bugs
  • we’ve yet to add Rainbow wallet support yet

TLDR Avoid using two wallet extensions in the same chrome/firefox/arc profile if possible, as wallet extensions do not play nicely with eachother and are subject to undefined behavior. If it’s one of the supported configurations above you should have no issues, at least for now.

1 Like