Studio: Unable to mint an ERC-721 token on Sepolia that has already been minted on Goerli and Mainnet

Hello,

Is it possible to mint an ERC-721 token on Sepolia that has already been minted on Goerli and Mainnet?

When I click or tap “Update on Test Network” on the token page in Studio while connected to Sepolia in Brave or Metamask mobile, I receive the message “Recipient information invalid. Please check all addresses and quantites!”

Besides the spelling error of quantities :face_with_monocle:, I don’t see a way to check any address or quantity. Am I missing something, or is there a bug?

hello, taking a look. nothing to report just yet.

question: is the contract you’re trying to mint on deployed to sepolia? i noticed only 2/3 of yours have a sepolia counterpart. “PROMPT STUDIES” only has goerli available. if you click on the little contract mockup image on the right side of the details page for your contract, you can redeploy it to testnet while on sepolia and it should go to sepolia!

Hi johnny,

It’s the Glitch Studies ERC-721 contract that I’ve tried to mint a token to on Sepolia:

https://sepolia.etherscan.io/address/0x8f67302006c64369a96d50828ac45e68d7f541a8#code

The contract appears to be deployed OK, but when I try to mint token #1 via the “Update on Test Network” button, I get the error message “Recipient information invalid. Please check all addresses and quantites!”

Thank you! Very helpful. Will report back in a bit, debugging.

Able to reproduce! On the hunt to fix. You are correct, we have a bug where if it’s ever been minted to Goerli but not Mainnet, you can’t mint it to Sepolia. Brand new tokens are a-ok luckily. Will get this patched up.

Thanks johnny.

Possibly a related issue: Studio doesn’t appear to allow me to update existing tokens (at least) on Goerli. Perhaps this is intentional, but then maybe the option to select Goerli in the network menu is redundant.

You’re correct, this is intentional. Writing (minting, updating) tokens to Goerli is no longer supported.

More details here: [Dec 22, 2023] We're migrating to Sepolia testnet!

Have a solution for you in the meantime. In the bottom right hit Mint More Tokens (Test Network) while on Sepolia, and mint it to yourself on Sepolia.

Button/link is in the bottom right somewhere down here:

After that the test token our application tracks will be the new Sepolia one, and your Update On Test Network button will work once again.

In the future, I’ll update the mint page so that if you have a mint on Goerli but not on Sepolia it shows the Mint to Test Network button instead of the Update on Test Network :+1:

Thanks johnny.

I don’t see those buttons. Here’s what I see for a token previously minted to Goerli and Mainnet.

And here’s what I see for a token previously minted to Goerli only.

How frustrating! I just remembered that button only appears on 1155 tokens.

No worries, I’ve just deployed a new fix that should swap that Update on Test Network button to Mint to Test Network. Give it a whirl anytime, should be live. Essentially Studio will behave as though you have not minted to test net unless you have minted to sepolia now.

Thanks johnny! The “Mint to Test Network” button worked for me for a token previously minted to Goerli and Mainnet, and for a token previously minted only to Goerli.

1 Like

Hell yeah!!! I love to hear this. Thank you so much for the patience and the help debugging. You’re a legend.

1 Like

Hi johnny, I am having a similar issue. I’ve deployed to https://sepolia.etherscan.io/address/0x02736c20df3f6602855bc4f9a7727cb4668c0bdb Sapolia but on the token pages the Mint to Testnet button is disabled.